All Members must agree to abide by the AMA SAFTY CODE
Review and take the The Recreational UAS Safety Test (TRUST)
Follow these steps to become a member of the Yuma Aeromodelers:
In order to join the Yuma Aeromodelers an applicant must do one of the following;
- Be a member in good standing with the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA). You will get a free subscription to the AMA monthly magazine as well. Note that for insurance purposes the Park Pilot membership is not sufficient.
- Effective January 1, 2022, AMA will require MAAC members to join AMA for coverage to fly at our fields and events. Affiliate membership for non-US permanent residents is $36 per year and includes insurance and competitive privileges. Click here to sign up as an AMA Affiliate member.
Once you have your AMA or MAAC membership, fill out the Membership Application and submit it by:
- Emailing to email@example.com
- Mail application to: Yuma AeroModelers, PO Box 25904, Yuma, AZ. 85367
- Bring to a club meeting.
Use payment options at bottom of page to pay dues
- Membership is valid from January 1 to December 31.
- The Membership fee is due by December 31 of each year.
- Flying privileges will be revoked until fees are paid.
- Ensure you have a Current AMA Membership
- Use payment option at bottom of page to pay dues.
Our Membership Fees
- Juniors (under 19) Free
- Adult $50
- Send Check payable to:
PO Box 25904
Yuma. Az. 85367
- Pay at a Club meeting
- You can now Pay with Debit or Credit using PayPal
For any questions concerning Membership or to make payment arrangements contact:
Effective December 21, 2015, anyone who owns a small unmanned aircraft of a certain weight must register with the Federal Aviation Administration’s Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) registry before they fly outdoors. You can register here. (Note: This is not a Club Requirement, just an FYI)